Roleplay Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Roleplay Forum! Here we will be delivering all the important guild news and game news to help keep you up to date, and don't forget the Tavern

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HausofKlaus
Probational Member
Probational Member
HausofKlaus

The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! Empty
PostSubject: The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!   The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 11:15 pm

The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! 2n87cltd8ffv3glubj98hsmai554a76aaa8a0b6_zpsc8100030

Sitting in a quiet little corner of Astrub, amongst the mewling Bow-meows that infested the streets sat a humble little shop tucked away down one of the various alleyways. It was an older quarter of the city, one still 'standing' in definition alone as newer sections and, frankly, destroyed sections got all the attention from the mass construction project looked over by Pappy pal.

The only real distinction between this particular stall and most of the other unmarked buildings being a small wooden hanging sign outside the door. Its faded paint displayed a black ecaflip's face winking and thumbing toward the front door, four playing cards behind his head like a halo splayed to entice potential customers to try their luck. Rain or shine it beckoned travelers in from the street and it had seen it's age, pristine colors fading one year after the next. A relic from the previous owners perhaps for inside sat an Ecaflip far too young to have procured a shop so old.

Inside, the smell of dust was strong but not overpowering. It was a ghost, hanging in the air and wafting around all explorers and despite how hard one might even look for it the inside was cluttered but tidy and most of all...well kept, despite the scent. Planks of wood set atop wooden barrels served as display tables, their haphazard construction easily seen through the tattered and patch laden table cloths. Piles of trinkets, baubles, odds, and ends were stacked with some semblance of order in the corners and around the upstairs support beams where no table had been set.

At the back of the shop was the Ecaflip himself, a tiny jingle of bow-meow bells sounding should the shop door open. Asleep and leaning back in his chair, his head was tilted forward, a purple cape at his shoulders used as a blanket and magician's turban askew on his forehead now from the weird position he'd been snoozing in. It was a lazy lazy day in the trinket business with Dao Xiao napping his business hours away with dreams of being the next Kerub Crepin. The door remained unlocked for any and all to enter and discover what they could from the old shoppe. Rumor around Astrub was that they sold anything and everything...including information.
Back to top Go down
Kali'Leen
Kali'Leen

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!   The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 2:41 pm

A young woman was sitting in one of the worn down chairs of the shop, cross legged and brimming with energy as she eagerly flipped through the pages of a large tome in her lap. Her short raven colored hair protruding out from under one of the strange hats the newest arrivals to Astrub seemed to favor... in at least how adamant they were against taking the them off... Her eyes glowed a soft blue as she scanned over the pages, skimming here, and reading there as she tilted her head.

The book was on the long history of the world of twelve that had been pulled out from her friends small pile of books that rested in a haphazard pile  near his counter. Looking for some mention of blue eyed visitors, and who they were. Some grasp of at least where other like hers had come from… even if she may never have the answer of where she had come from answered. She’d idly reach up to scratch her finger underneath her hat as she’d frown slightly and look up at Dao Xiao with a shrug. Nothing.

She closed the book with considerably less energy than she had started with. Realizing her friend had fallen asleep she would stand, Stretching her long pale legs out as she took the first few steps toward him,waving her hand infront of his face while she tilted her head, the long tail of her hat shifting over her back as she’d squint slightly and reach out to gently tug on the Ecaflip’s tail.
Back to top Go down
HausofKlaus
Probational Member
Probational Member
HausofKlaus

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!   The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Now, to be fair, some Ecaflips liked having their tails tugged on. Some would have nothing of it sure though the easy consensus was that the area was a little sensitive. It should come as no surprise then that when Setaka yanked whether softly or firmly he reacted in a less than...dignified way.

"MMRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW!!!!"

The yelp left his mouth, out the closed shop door, out into the Astrub street and was even answered by a few distant (and likely quite sympathetic) stray bow-meow's going about their daily business of coughing up hairballs and annoying young adventurers. Dao Xiao went stiff as a board and his eyes crossed after the tug and the chair he had been leaning in fell back and sent him careening into the floor with a thud and a crash.

One crossed eye blinked out of tandem with the other as he woke up again and attempted to make sense of the sudden awakening. Slowly scrambling back to his 'desk' and pulling himself back up to his knees at the very least he peeked up to notice Setaka standing there and his look od murderous intent slowly faded to a dreamy little fawning. Boys were so easy to manipulate sometimes. If they weren't then Dao Xiao was certainly not going to win any awards for breaking stereotypes.

"s..s..sorry..guess I dozed off there. Did you need to look at another of my books Miss Setaka? Heh. Really if you want something more informative you might look into the Almanax up the street. Though I do pride myself on having things here that you'd never find in there, sure.

Most of those things included Penny Dreadfuls, a handful of debunked star charts and, a Brakmarian catalog or two that mothers warned their children about but that still meant that nothing he had just said was untrue.
Back to top Go down
Vongrapple

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!   The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Outside of the trinket door, a cloaked figure peers up at the gently swinging sign. "The Amazing Dao Xiao...It's a start, I suppose" And with that the figure pushes open the door and enters the building.
Back to top Go down
Kali'Leen
Kali'Leen

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!   The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Setaka would pout as she realized that she had at the very least annoyed Dao Xiao, she would clasp his tail between both her hands, and stroke it softly as if trying to make up for the previous gentle tug. She’d rest herself with her backside up against the counter as she’d flip through the books he had mentioned with a titled head as she’d continue to stroke the Ecaflip’s tail absent mindedly.

“These books don’t seem to have too much in them.” She’d say as she picked up the Brakmarian catalog, her face going pale as she opened it… She’d quickly slam it shut and leave it on the table as she swallowed deeply and let out a small weak laugh as she’d quickly force it under one of the old star-charts.

“I suppose that should be my next step. I mean the Temple of Scriptures is supposed to have all the information in the world of 12… there should be a book about where Eliotropes come from.” She’d say with a nod. The ‘ears’ on her hat would raise slightly as she’d sit back down, placing one of the star charts over her lap as she’d look over it with a confused expression.

“I think you have a Customer Dao.” She’d say quietly.
Back to top Go down
HausofKlaus
Probational Member
Probational Member
HausofKlaus

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!   The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 8:35 pm

So many things sounding at once! From Setaka's mention to a jingle of a Bow-meow bell hanging above the door in the middle of her sentence to he desperately shaking the tip of his own tail once the Eliotrope had finally let go of it and trying to resuscitate what normally had a mind entirely of it's own.

The cloaked figure would be greeted by an Ecaflip with cream colored fur and dark silvery hue around his eyes and face, of which was grinning from ear to ear mind you. He looked a little ridiculous standing there holding his tail and brandishing it like some kind of flaccid weapon and to make matters worse he quickly hid it behind his back as if trying to conceal ones own tail would accomplish something.

"Come in! Come in! Good Day, Good Night, Good Morrow, Good winds, Good Travels, Good Fish, Good luck, goodgoodgoodgoodgood." Dao went  into a flurry of motion as he babbled incessantly, trying to tidy up a few of the piles of odd literature for what he could only assume was a new customer.

"Can I get you some tea? How about a sandwich? Maybe an ancient map that leads to a magic sandwich?!...wait.. no..that's stupid. Um, lemme start over. HI! Welcome to my amazing shop of trinkets and collectibles! If you um...see anything you like don't hesitate to ask about it, there's nothing but stories in these..um.. treasures." He'd pause next to a stone statue of Osamodas, the left littlest finger falling off and clinking to the floor as he spoke, Dao Xaio quickly scooting the falling digit under a divan against the far wall with his foot.
Back to top Go down
Vongrapple

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!   The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 11:33 pm

The figure steps back slightly, taken aback at the sudden outburst from the Ecaflip before him. Regaining his composure, the figure tips his black, large brimmed hat, revealing the stone gray hair underneath. "Yes, good day. Um, I'm fine without a drink, thank you. I'm trying to find something and I was hoping I might find some answers here." The figure removes his hat entirely, revealing a young Iop with slightly tanned skin and gray eyes with dark circles underneath them. The Iop reaches into the bag slung over his shoulder and pulls out a crumpled piece of paper and proceeds to smooth it out on a non-cluttered surface. On the paper, is a drawing of an icy blue orb. "I'm looking for whatever this is. I've heard it's called "Wakfu Frost". Do you have any idea where I might find it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!   The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Dao Xiao's Fortune Telling and Trinket Shoppe!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay Guild Forum :: Guild Interactions :: The Tavern-
Jump to: